Yellow Tail Blue Damsels Mated Pair

hsosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is on my mated pair of yellow tail blue damsels . I need a place to write down my observations and document mating behavior of yellow tail blue damsels. This will with help blue damsels keepers my damsels are mature I would says 3-5 years old now. I have observed the blue damsels do their ritual dance of coupling and dancing around every now and then. Today was a real shocker to me . Today I did my usual monthly 5 gallon water change . my temperature was about 77 F. which is normal. I did my water change typically my water change is very quick 5-10mins. with water change complete. I looked over my tank and I noticed that one of the blue damsels was showing highlighted tiger like Marking s on his or her body. the damsels started kinda like prancing around the only I can describe it and the 2nd damsel proceeded to do their ritual damsel dance they both barrel rolled into my plating chalice . this behavior went on for about two mins. the surprise was the crazy color change on the blue damsel it was amazing It looked like it was glowing in white tiger stripes and the back of the tail was white. unfortunately I didn't record it plus I dont think I would have been able to record it. I realized the water change triggered this mating behavior in the damsels . ill post pics of the damsels soon . thanks

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds great... I want to see the breeding colors now.

OP
OP
hsosa

hsosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everyone im going try to film the breeding colors /patterns that came out on the damsel. the damsels each have a coral home . one live my green chalice and the other lives in a Jason Fox green anacopora

OP
OP
hsosa

hsosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds great... I want to see the breeding colors now.
here s a link to a video I posted unfortunately the video quality isn't the greatest u can see some of the courting behavior . I only videoed the beginning of the courtship dance . hopefully I can catch the whole session from the dance to the barrel rolls which I think is where they finish. I believe these guys are egg layers haven't seen any eggs probably my other fish eat them .

Back