Yellow tang and large engineer goby

guy fawkes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2015
Messages
112
Reaction score
38
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow yang, who doesn't bug anyone in the tank. Yet I put a engineer goby 8-9 inches long yesterday. Every time he peeks out the yellow tang puffs up and blocks him from leaving his hole.

Anyone ever see that?
 
Most fish are known to not accept new fish in the system that they have lived in. It could go away or could get worse. You just have to monitor it. Maybe even move around rock work to make the yellow think he is in a new place.
 
Maybe add another rock or move the rockscape around a little bit to "reset" their territories?
 
Thanks. I posted another topic about my bicolour eating my huge toadstool. I got a few replays about trying moving it spots. Looks like my aquascape will change yet again.

Thank you for the response
 
I use a mirror when adding new fish. it distracts my yellow tang and wrasse and gives the new fish a few minutes to settle in. I assume you could do that next time you see your goby want to come out and maybe it'll give him a chance to find a new spot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new