Yellow tang and Nero 5

  • Thread starter Thread starter IamJoHo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IamJoHo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
126
Reaction score
71
Location
Westerville, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a small yellow tang in my tank on Thursday. I unplugged my Nero 5 for 48 hours. The tang has been doing great until a few minutes ago I was cleaning the glass and noticed he was stuck to the back of the pump. I quickly got him off. He immediately started swimming but half his fin is gone and his eye is damaged. Has anyone had a successful recovery after this kind of trauma?
20200315_224530.jpg
 
Ahh poor guy that's terrifying! It's because of these horror stories I don't use them in my display, I use the Nero 5 in the sump.
 
I think it's actually common with the Nero. I 3d printed one guard but it didnt come out how I hoped. Gonna have to try another.

Anyone had any luck with their fish surviving after something like this.
 
I put a small yellow tang in my tank on Thursday. I unplugged my Nero 5 for 48 hours. The tang has been doing great until a few minutes ago I was cleaning the glass and noticed he was stuck to the back of the pump. I quickly got him off. He immediately started swimming but half his fin is gone and his eye is damaged. Has anyone had a successful recovery after this kind of trauma?
20200315_224530.jpg
Go buy a 3D printed guard. Someone suggested Travis at fish of hex, he’s makes and sells them. I have 2 nero’s and a YT and has not been a problem. The fire fish I had not so much
 
Nero 5 is a terrible design for any small fish. Very sorry about the fish! Will have to wait and see how he does. The eye may be blind from the trauma.
 
Go buy a 3D printed guard. Someone suggested Travis at fish of hex, he’s makes and sells them. I have 2 nero’s and a YT and has not been a problem. The fire fish I had not so much
I printed one today that I got off of thingaverse. Not impressed with the design. I'm going to spend the time and design a nice one and maybe start selling them. Most that I see are kinda crappy looking.
 
Nero 5 is a terrible design for any small fish. Very sorry about the fish! Will have to wait and see how he does. The eye may be blind from the trauma.

Agreed. I like AI products but the amount of horror stories I have seen with fish and the new Nero 5 makes me never want to own one. Seems like a very poor design. AI can definitely do better for the money charged. I can't believe that the same company makes the Vortechs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new