Yellow Tang and scopas

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think about a scopas small and a large yellow tang together.
The yellow is in there now my 120g and I want to take my 30g down and I saved a scopas (long story) the yellow is 2x the size of the scopas
Bad idea ?
I think so but don't know and want to take my 30g down but can't seem to rehome the scopas

4tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the tang I added a copper band bff and a kole tang to my yellow no problem I did prep tho I had pictures of the to be added fish on the tank glass leading upto the day it got added and used the mirror when added

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm yes to both responses I do have alot of rock work for places to hide.
I would have to order the acclimatization box seems petco and local places don't have them that I seen unless you know of chain stores petco or such that have them.
My fear is they don't get along and I have a ton of rock and it will be impossible to get out without tearing the tank apart

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe buy a large fish trap instead as it can double as a acclimation box. Then if you ever need to catch one.. you got the trap already too.

JAKos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd use acclimation box for a few days then add him at night when everbody's sleeping, then add mirrors to each side of the tank so when they wake up the yellow tang won't bully him as badly if he notices him.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think about a scopas small and a large yellow tang together.
The yellow is in there now my 120g and I want to take my 30g down and I saved a scopas (long story) the yellow is 2x the size of the scopas
Bad idea ?

I think so but don't know and want to take my 30g down but can't seem to rehome the scopas

Just tossing it on the table...

You could call Reefwise to see if they would take in your Scopas.

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I had thought of bringing it to a lfs but wanted to try to keep it.
Should of just brought it after I nursed it back to health.

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend catching the yellow and putting it in qt for a couple days while the scopas acclimates. I've had better luck adding a larger tang since they are so territorial. The bigger one won't get attacked as much cause it can defend itself. I have a koi scopas and a purple tang together as well as 4 other tangs. Good luck. I hope it works out. Fish traps are prefect for catching and testing aggression too.

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont want to mess with the yellow she's a big fish and don't want to stress her out. She's been a perfect fish so I'll probably just bring the scopas to the lfs

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not post it in the selling livestock,post your location, and give it away to a local reefer. Scopas are nice tangs. I'm sure someone will give it a nice home.

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I put the scopas in the tank and they seem to be best friends.
Little tail wagging from the yellow for the first 10 minutes but then the yellow is letting the scopas follow her around. They ate with no issues.
The yellow chased off my blue lyretail damsels they are the welcome crew lol when they tried to bother the scopas
So far so good

20210613_133900.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I put the scopas in the tank and they seem to be best friends.
Little tail wagging from the yellow for the first 10 minutes but then the yellow is letting the scopas follow her around. They ate with no issues.
The yellow chased off my blue lyretail damsels they are the welcome crew lol when they tried to bother the scopas
So far so good

20210613_133900.jpg
Love to see that.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back