yellow tang in a cube tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter kutcha
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kutcha

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
388
Reaction score
234
Location
Glendale, AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i currently have a small yellow tang in a 75 gallon tank (48" long) i am upgrading to a 93 gallon cube (30" long). While the total volume is larger i worry that the decrease in vertical swimming space could be a issue. Can anyone provide me with experience of advice as far as this goes the stock in he tank is:
2 mocha clowns
2 fire fish
1 mandarin goby
2 dalmation molies
1 melanarrus wrasse
1 Lyretail Anthia
1 Yellow tang

These fish have all been living in this tank together for a year i realize changing the aquascape/tank could disrupt that so i am trying to be as careful/ safe as possible with this. Any and all advice is welcome on this subject
 
A standard 75, 48” x 18”, will give a total swimming space of 66” or 165cm.

Your cube will be 30” x 30”, will give a total swimming space of 60” or 150cm.

I’m not sure. Ask.
 
The 75 would be better than the 30" cube for the yellow tang. My opinion, of course.
 
I have a 60”x36”x24”, and it’s about as small as I want for a tang, that’s just my opinion versus my personal experience.

FWIW, I do have a yellow, a lavender, and a purple in mine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new