Yellow tang loves yellow palys

masssnapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had quite a few rocks with 20+ yellow palys on each and over the last few weeks I have noticed they seemed to be dissapearing. While watching the tank this morning I noticed my yellow tang pooping out about 5 of them. They actually opened back up after about 10 minutes so it doesnt appear he is digesting them. Also hasn't touched any other zoa or paly.

Anyone else experience something like this before. It's not like she's starving either I feed twice a day and put nori in twice a day for grazing. Should I be worried about palytoxin

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had quite a few rocks with 20+ yellow palys on each and over the last few weeks I have noticed they seemed to be dissapearing. While watching the tank this morning I noticed my yellow tang pooping out about 5 of them. They actually opened back up after about 10 minutes so it doesnt appear he is digesting them. Also hasn't touched any other zoa or paly.

Anyone else experience something like this before. It's not like she's starving either I feed twice a day and put nori in twice a day for grazing. Should I be worried about palytoxin
Whaaat thats crazy, im sure she wouldve ben lethargic by now #reefsquad

OP
OP
masssnapz

masssnapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palys are the zombies of the reef! I bet there is a little algae on the palys that he's trying to get. Hope he's ok!
Yeah he's fat and happy swimming about if anything was going to happen I figured it would have happened already. Its just so weird that he is eating them whole.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back