Gem Tang & Yellow Tang

butcherreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, wanted to show off my gem tang and yellow tang today along with some questions.
Gem tang is large and dominate and does show some sign of aggression such as chasing around the smaller yellow tang.
They have gotten along and have been living together now for about a month, I have no seen any marks such a bites or such on yellow tang. I believe the yellow tang being much smaller can maneuver the rockscape better and therefor gets away from his much larger friend. Both have been eating like cows since I have gotten them and shows no sign of slowing down.
My question is:
Is this sustainable when the yellow grows larger, will there be a fight when the yellow is big enough for the gem to see it as a threat, or since they will be living together for a long period of time before the yellow grows big enough, will they just get along.

Will post some pictures below.
All answer and questions welcomed!

IMG_9220.jpeg IMG_9225.png IMG_9223.jpeg IMG_9215.jpeg IMG_9207.jpeg IMG_9218.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, wanted to show off my gem tang and yellow tang today along with some questions.
Gem tang is large and dominate and does show some sign of aggression such as chasing around the smaller yellow tang.
They have gotten along and have been living together now for about a month, I have no seen any marks such a bites or such on yellow tang. I believe the yellow tang being much smaller can maneuver the rockscape better and therefor gets away from his much larger friend. Both have been eating like cows since I have gotten them and shows no sign of slowing down.
My question is:
Is this sustainable when the yellow grows larger, will there be a fight when the yellow is big enough for the gem to see it as a threat, or since they will be living together for a long period of time before the yellow grows big enough, will they just get along.

Will post some pictures below.
All answer and questions welcomed!

IMG_9220.jpeg IMG_9225.png IMG_9223.jpeg IMG_9215.jpeg IMG_9207.jpeg IMG_9218.jpeg
Your two tangs look nice!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back