Yellow tang prefer Brine over Mysis

N8 the Gr8

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Messages
38
Reaction score
65
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding enriched hikari brine shrimp with spirulina soaked in. After reading a little bit on nutrition, I decided to try out my Mysis that I usually feed to my goby because it has a little more protein and is preferred. I tried it out and my clowns went for it as well as my kole tang which only ate the big pieces. However my yellow tang would go for it. Take it in its mouth and do a little stutter thing and spit it out. However I tried mixing the two together (both hikari, brine shrimp and Mysis) and dashed straight for the brine shrimp and acted the same way towards the Mysis if he found a piece. Do you think this is a palette thing or is he not used to the new food? Or is there a problem with him. I was also planning on getting some nori in the future. Thoughts?
 
I have been feeding enriched hikari brine shrimp with spirulina soaked in. After reading a little bit on nutrition, I decided to try out my Mysis that I usually feed to my goby because it has a little more protein and is preferred. I tried it out and my clowns went for it as well as my kole tang which only ate the big pieces. However my yellow tang would go for it. Take it in its mouth and do a little stutter thing and spit it out. However I tried mixing the two together (both hikari, brine shrimp and Mysis) and dashed straight for the brine shrimp and acted the same way towards the Mysis if he found a piece. Do you think this is a palette thing or is he not used to the new food? Or is there a problem with him. I was also planning on getting some nori in the future. Thoughts?
My yellow tang loves mysis, sometimes they spit it out, not sure what they are looking for in the perfect shrimp lol. He will eat it eventually. What brand mysis jw?
 
Hikari brand Mysis shrimp. Thanks for the input! They’re kinda like a little kid sometimes.
 
Hikari brand Mysis shrimp. Thanks for the input! They’re kinda like a little kid sometimes.
Very true! Hakari is good, he should like it eventually, if he doesent try pe mysis, it’s a little bigger shrimps and more smelly(fish like it) lol.
 
Sure, I’ll definitely give it a try.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new