Yellow tang side discoloration

m3rcfh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2017
Messages
150
Reaction score
48
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys
Looking for some input on what the white scuffs/discoloration on my yellow tang could be. I attached some pics below, it's only on one side right at the lateral line and a smaller discoloration half inch below the lateral line that can't be seen clearly on the pictures. This little guy eats a 1x1" square of nori every morning, and Hikari Mega Marine or Marine Algae every night. I try to soak the food in selcon 2 or 3 times per week too.
Is that a scuff from the swimming in the rockscape or can it be HLLE?

Water paramenters:
Nitrates: 20ppm
Amonia/Nitrites: 0ppm
Temp: 79F
pH 8.0
Tank is 1 year and 2 months old.

I have been having issues with cyano and hair algae, so I have purigen and chemipure in the sump right now.

Thanks everyone for any input/advice

20181203_195545.jpg


20181203_195535.jpg
 
So yellow tangs kinda dull out at night. If this is a new thing you're noticing, I'd wait until the morning since they usually regain their color pretty quickly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new