Yellow tang with red spot/hue

xeanliao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it has anything to do with too much water flow, my yellow tang has been a lot less active ever since I added a maxspect gyre to my 90gl thre week ago.

Today, a dark red spot appears on on side, some red hue appears on the other side near gill. Not really eating :-(

Should I take some immediate action? I for sure can lower down the water flow immediately. Or should I move it to a QT?

See attached picture, any question or advise are highly appreciated
IMG_6999.JPG
IMG_7001.JPG

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you added any new fish? I’m not an expert but I think this is a sign of a bacterial infection in YT’s. You may want to get ready to QT him and treat. I’m not sure on the meds but I know someone will chime in with the answer.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do You have the means to setup qt tank? Your tang has something going on. Hopefully You can treat the whole tank. Someone who knows more is sure to drop in .
Good luck !

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NFG is the best antibiotic for those types of red sores on tangs and angels. These types of sores can go badly rather quickly. Time is not your friend here.

OP
OP
X

xeanliao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the YT look very bad already (in the pictures)? Setup up a QT take a week or more, he doesn't eat that really concern me now. I only have metroplex, prozipro, and cuprimine with me. What is NFG, and where to buy it? I seem not able to find it in Amazon.

Also, do I need to treat the display tank, or all other fishes that seem health now?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the YT look very bad already (in the pictures)? Setup up a QT take a week or more, he doesn't eat that really concern me now. I only have metroplex, prozipro, and cuprimine with me. What is NFG, and where to buy it? I seem not able to find it in Amazon.

Also, do I need to treat the display tank, or all other fishes that seem health now?
NFG is nitrofuracine green powder. Some fish shops may sell it. But you’ll probably have to buy it online. An alternative would be to use the “trifecta” of Metro + Furan2 + Kanaplex. NFG would be preferable as it works wonders with these red sores types and other troublesome infections.

OP
OP
X

xeanliao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just net the YT and put it in a breeder box floating in the DT: I can see more red color in it thru its gill ... :-( it just seem happens so fast, he was still eating yesterday, but definitely not looks not too good to me now :-(

Submitted the kanaplex and furan-2 via amazon prime, hoping I can get them in time ...

Will it be a bad idea put him in a non-cycled 10g tank, with water, some sands and rocks from DT, and treat him with metroplex immediately before the above two ingredients arrives?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it be a bad idea put him in a non-cycled 10g tank, with water, some sands and rocks from DT, and treat him with metroplex immediately before the above two ingredients arrives?

That's what I would do ^^^

Here's the treatment schedule for the "Trifecta":
Day 1: Use recommended dosage for Metroplex + Kanaplex + Furan2
Day 2: Use recommended dosage for Furan2 only
Day 3: Do a 25% Water change and use recommended dosage for Metroplex + Kanaplex + Furan2
Day 4: Use recommended dosage for Furan2 only
Day 5: Do a 25% Water change and use recommended dosage for Metroplex + Kanaplex + Furan2
Repeat this twice (10 days)

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hunblefish I meant to say "does the NFG require a qt" not a display. Thanks for clarifying that !

Back