Yellow Watchman and Pistol Shrimp

Thomasflynn15

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2021
Messages
98
Reaction score
21
Location
Georgetown
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering getting a pair for my 75 gallon. It has plenty of rockwork and a relatively deep sandbed. Is it a guarantee they pair up in a home aquarium if not already paired up at the store? Right now I have a pair of ocellaris, an azure damsel, and a cleaner shrimp. Will the two shrimp be an issue?
 
I am considering getting a pair for my 75 gallon. It has plenty of rockwork and a relatively deep sandbed. Is it a guarantee they pair up in a home aquarium if not already paired up at the store? Right now I have a pair of ocellaris, an azure damsel, and a cleaner shrimp. Will the two shrimp be an issue?
Mine always paired and I didn't have issues with the shrimp.
Say goodbye to your water clarity. :cool:
 
I got my goby about a month before I added my shrimp, I just made sure to guide the shrimp the the small burrow the goby had made when i added it, they've been inseparable ever since!
 
If the species compatible, they will pair fast most likely. Mine paired with his first shrimp overnight. The shrimp gone missing after a few months, so I just got a new one, and put them together in an acclimation box, and they paired up almost instantly.
 
No guarantees on anything in an aquarium getting along, but chances are extremely good that they'll pair up. I had my YWG for a couple of months before I bought a Tiger Pistol, and they paired almost immediately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new