Yellow Watchman Goby and ORA Watchman Goby?

MCooper

MCooper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so my favorite fish is a YWG. I ordered a ORA Watchman Goby from divers den months ago and he went through QT and I put him in my DT. He immediately found my resident pistol shrimp and now they are buddies. He is not a YWG as I thought, but rather the larger one with blueish dots. Great fish!
I would however really love to get a true YWG and pistol shrimp combo as well. Is this possible if they go to the other side of my tank? It is a reefer 450 so 90 gallon display. Can this be done and if so how can I try to make sure they go to the other side?
If not, can I add any other type of gobies? Gobies and blennies have always been my favorite. I currently have a Midas and Tailspot blenny in the tank along with a pair of cleaner gobies. Other fish, but not blennies or gobies. I will however be adding a bonded pair of Mandarins if they survive QT.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be fine to add a ywg. They may share a same burrow or have separate burrows, but they will be fine together.

RJ Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a breeding pair of YWG that I've had since they were babies and I absolutely love then. I was actually looking on live aquaria and they had a grey one that they call just a watchman and then they have the YWG.

these are mine.
IMG_1698.JPG

jboone82590

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you don't mind if i ask a quick questions.
Could i put 2 diamond gobys in my 75 gallon tank or would that be to many?

d37ffdd0e683c75674e74f01b914c1e4.jpg

Theres a pic of one of my YWG

OP
OP
MCooper

MCooper

MCooper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you put a YWG, ORA Watchman and an Orange Spotted in a 90 Gallon? Stretching it here, but a boy can dream, right?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you put a YWG, ORA Watchman and an Orange Spotted in a 90 Gallon? Stretching it here, but a boy can dream, right?
I have a customer with a 60cube that has six different watchman gobies, four of them(all different species) share the same burrow.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back