Yellow watchman goby... he ok?

Medic3170

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a new yellow watchman goby today. He's small maybe 1", after proper trip exclamation I added him to my tank and he went right to the bottom and hid, normal. Now after 6 hours he is swimming from the middle to the top of the tank... I have plenty of live rock with caves. I'm just confused

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine goes where ever he wants. Not stuck to one place. He's kind of a jerk

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the other fish picking on him?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like there's some aggression in that video. Also check your parameters. Couple weeks ago you were still cycling and now there's 5 fish. Maybe you have an ammonia spike and he doesn't like it

OP
OP
M

Medic3170

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like there's some aggression in that video. Also check your parameters. Couple weeks ago you were still cycling and now there's 5 fish. Maybe you have an ammonia spike and he doesn't like it
Water is perfect. I cycled with the three chromis. Added clowns two weeks ago when water hit 0. It's been perfect since so I bought him today. No one is bothering him at all. PLENTY spots to hide...

OP
OP
M

Medic3170

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water is perfect. I cycled with the three chromis. Added clowns two weeks ago when water hit 0. It's been perfect since so I bought him today. No one is bothering him at all. PLENTY spots to hide...
I appreciate your help though

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the last footage of him. When I woke up
this AM there is no sign of him...
Hopefully he just found a cave to call his home. When I first added mine I only saw him once or twice a week.

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gobis all took a little time to find a spot they liked. And I was always surprised to see them swimming. But they calmed down once they got used to where things are. Even my ywg who would swim around a bit at first. Yesterday he actually sat sideways facing down on the side glass for like 5 mins. But he found his home with his shrimp pal. Now since I feed him with baster whenever he sees it come into the tank he runs right up to it and tries to eat out of it before I squeeze. Cute little guy.

Scott Ulrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pistol shrimp / goby, but I rarely saw the shrimp - maybe once a week - and the goby was almost always down in his burrow. It was cute (hence my profile pic), but I don't think I'd get another one, I just prefer fish that are out and about more.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back