Yellow Watchman Goby Issue

Chaetomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got this little fish along with a pistol shrimp to share my 93g tank... They didn't hit it off, Shrimp I have no idea where he went, and my Goby has a nice hiding spot, but every once in a while he swimps up to the top of the tank (I have a net from BRS so he cant dive out)... Does this signify that he is not happy? is it normal for the watchmans to act weird like this?

OP
OP
Chaetomorpha

Chaetomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump :)

Also would it be wrong if I introduce another pistol shrimp in case this one got killed by any big bristleworms (yes I have some unfortunately) or one of my peppermint shrimps? Those are the only two creatures that I can see killing it as my tank is peaceful.

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen watchmans swim to the top. If they do not feel threatened they will leave their cave. I have a Yellow watchman with a tiger pistol. They met and 10 seconds later they were pals. As long as the fish is eating and looks healthy I would not worry about the behaivior. As for adding more pistol shrimps I would say go for it. When you add him to the tank see if you can get him near the watchmans hole so they have a better chance of meeting.

kes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this typically occur at night when the lights are off? Even with lights, especially in the first week or so, these guys like to swim about near the top.
Once settled, it will remain mostly near the bottom.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back