Yellow watchman goby suddenly looks sick

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just saw my YWG 2-3!days ago his belly looked full due to eating pods and his color was bright yellow then he hid for a few days and I see him today and he looks imacitated and pale, I checked all parameters and they are fine, what could be wrong?

352344DD-214C-4298-803A-97D7A0703918.jpeg

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does look deathly skinny. Is the fish eating prepared foods? Maybe a deworming is in order?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Are you feeding it or is it coming out for food ?
Small pellets, krill, mysis shrimp, and other small meaty pieces

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He does look deathly skinny. Is the fish eating prepared foods? Maybe a deworming is in order?
I feed frozen food once a day like plankton,mysis shrimp, beef heart, blood worms, he has been eating up until when he started hiding two days ago, what’s weird is two days ago his stomach was fat and full and he had great color and then two days later he looks like this, what do I use to deworm? I’m leaning towards that being the problem considering how fast he started look malnurrited

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed frozen food once a day like plankton,mysis shrimp, beef heart, blood worms, he has been eating up until when he started hiding two days ago, what’s weird is two days ago his stomach was fat and full and he had great color and then two days later he looks like this, what do I use to deworm? I’m leaning towards that being the problem considering how fast he started look malnurrited
Popular deworming meds are Prazi and Metro and General cure (which is a combo of both). They can be dosed in the water, sort of, but adding to food is possibly better. Prazi can be added to a reef, but Metro isn't safe unless it's added to food + Focus.

Michel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had exactly the same thing a while back, the fish was healthy for 1-2 years and suddenly he came out of the rocks like that. The only think I can imagine was the fish getting stuck between some rocks when my pistol shrimp was redecorating their home.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back