Yellow watchman goby suddenly looks sick

elcapitan1993

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
819
Reaction score
334
Location
white city
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just saw my YWG 2-3!days ago his belly looked full due to eating pods and his color was bright yellow then he hid for a few days and I see him today and he looks imacitated and pale, I checked all parameters and they are fine, what could be wrong?

352344DD-214C-4298-803A-97D7A0703918.jpeg
 
He does look deathly skinny. Is the fish eating prepared foods? Maybe a deworming is in order?
 
Are you feeding it or is it coming out for food ?
Small pellets, krill, mysis shrimp, and other small meaty pieces
 
He does look deathly skinny. Is the fish eating prepared foods? Maybe a deworming is in order?
I feed frozen food once a day like plankton,mysis shrimp, beef heart, blood worms, he has been eating up until when he started hiding two days ago, what’s weird is two days ago his stomach was fat and full and he had great color and then two days later he looks like this, what do I use to deworm? I’m leaning towards that being the problem considering how fast he started look malnurrited
 
I feed frozen food once a day like plankton,mysis shrimp, beef heart, blood worms, he has been eating up until when he started hiding two days ago, what’s weird is two days ago his stomach was fat and full and he had great color and then two days later he looks like this, what do I use to deworm? I’m leaning towards that being the problem considering how fast he started look malnurrited
Popular deworming meds are Prazi and Metro and General cure (which is a combo of both). They can be dosed in the water, sort of, but adding to food is possibly better. Prazi can be added to a reef, but Metro isn't safe unless it's added to food + Focus.
 
I've had exactly the same thing a while back, the fish was healthy for 1-2 years and suddenly he came out of the rocks like that. The only think I can imagine was the fish getting stuck between some rocks when my pistol shrimp was redecorating their home.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new