OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current YWG hangs out at the opening of his cave while the Pistol Shrimp works away but he will dart out to grab a piece of food. I had one previously that seemed like he wouldn't eat so I would take one or two round pellets and put them in my target feeder tube and drop them right at the entrance of his cave so they'd roll down into his cave. It didn't take long before he started eating the pellets and soon thereafter he started coming out more and more. I know you said you don't want a Pistol Shrimp but I agree with the poster/s who said get him a shrimp, it seems to make them feel more secure.

Now he started to peeking out of his hole more. Hope he will come around more.

I prefer to not get pistol shrimp as I don’t want mounts and mounts of sand all over the place. I have all of my corals on sandbed now. :)

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now he started to peeking out of his hole more. Hope he will come around more.

I prefer to not get pistol shrimp as I don’t want mounts and mounts of sand all over the place. I have all of my corals on sandbed now. :)

I have no issues with mounds of sand with my pistol. They stay under the rock generally because they’re blind.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no issues with mounds of sand with my pistol. They stay under the rock generally because they’re blind.

I have Melanarus wrasse, Royal Flasher wrasse, and will be adding yellow corris wrasse. Will the wrasse eat pistol shrimp?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back