Yellowhead Jawfish

MaxPado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get one last fish for my 20 gallon long and I am really interested in the yellowhead jawfish. Just a few questions. First, will the 20gal long be enough tank for this fish? Second, I have about 3 inches of fine sand, some places more some less. Is the fine sand not good? If not what would I need to add to make the fish happy? Third, will the jawfish get along with my current stocking list? I have one clown, one royal gramma, and one watchman goby. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I love the jawfish and would be elated if could add one in my tank.

Thanks,
Max

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a yellow head jawfish in my office tank. I actually thought it wouldn't survive because the thing came so small I didn't think it could eat the pellet food I had lol. My tank doesn't have that deep of sand; probably 3 inches like you. This sand depth isn't recommended but I haven't had issues with shallow sand beds before. 20 gallons is a little small but again I don't really think it will be that bad.

My guy made a den underneath the biggest rock in my tank and he's definitely the boss of the tank, and he's my coworkers favorite fish. I love these guys and highly recommend them

OP
OP
MaxPado

MaxPado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a yellow head jawfish in my office tank. I actually thought it wouldn't survive because the thing came so small I didn't think it could eat the pellet food I had lol. My tank doesn't have that deep of sand; probably 3 inches like you. This sand depth isn't recommended but I haven't had issues with shallow sand beds before. 20 gallons is a little small but again I don't really think it will be that bad.

My guy made a den underneath the biggest rock in my tank and he's definitely the boss of the tank, and he's my coworkers favorite fish. I love these guys and highly recommend them
Did you have very fine sand or was it more coarse?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back