Yellowtail Chromis Chasing

jackson6969

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2024
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
Location
australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I recently cycled my tank and added a yellowtail chromis from my local fish store it was doing great but then i decided to add the other yellowtail chromis a week later. Friends that have viewed the tank think that they are just playing together but I am concerned that the big one is chasing the small one and will inflict damage, I've read multiple reports on here that they will fight to the death. and am just wondering your thoughts.
 
Just saw this. Two Chromis of the same ilk is really not a good Idea from my experience. Sometimes, I have learned that adding a third fish like an Oscellaris Clown may solve the issue by giving the bully someone else to focus and deal with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new