OP
Starling541

Starling541

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater bioload is 1000% different and every fish is different. You may have three fish add another it dies add another it dies. You think what the heck then eventually realize you’re maxed out. Each tank is different. In my opinion you will be way over stocked and mostly likely fall into the disease portion of this forum quickly. But you may get lucky.
@bluemon, Not being dismissive, and my apologies if you took it this way……. just a difference of opinion. That is the down side with forums.

To the both of you, thanks for the awaking on the bio-load differences that was an eye-opener, truly. Multiple resources say the inch per gallon rule is a bit outdated, especially with the advancements in filtration. With the multiple layers of filtration geared for a next tier tank and my experience I still feel confident.
This leads me to think the 8 small fish, the inverts, the corals, the rock, bio-media, and cheto will make this attainable.
I am taking note of aggression though and appreciate those specific callouts that have been provided.
All that said I will be and monitoring heavily as each of the fish are added over the span of just under year and a half accounting for QT.
OR……….. I crash and burn. I’m more likely to wear a lead life preserver than walk on water. The best learning comes from failure.

Last edited:

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After you called this out, I’ve read from multiple sources with order of placement and size of the hawkfish shrimps MAY be safe.
Doesn’t sound convincing does it. LoL do you have a replacement suggestion?
You want a perching fish? I always have blennies in my tank! Great perching fish and fun personalities! And peaceful, unless you have multiple blennies, they get testy then

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back