You can hold AUCTIONS now at Reef2Reef!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!

We are thrilled to announce a brand new feature for our community here at R2R - Auctions!

It's official! You all can now post your own auctions right here on Reef2Reef.* Whether you're looking to sell or buy, we hope you find this new feature to be fun and beneficial! We know lots of you enjoy the thrill of online auctions, and we've decided to open this up on the forum as a new way for you all to acquire new fish, corals, anemones, and reef gear for your tanks.

How Does It Work?
  1. Create Your Auction Listing: Showcase your items with detailed descriptions and high-quality images. Let fellow hobbyists know what makes your offerings special.
  2. Set Your Auction Terms: You're in control! Specify the starting bid, bidding increments, and auction duration. This ensures a fair and exciting auction process.
  3. Engage with the Community: Members can place bids on your items, creating a lively atmosphere of competition and fun! It's an excellent opportunity to interact with fellow enthusiasts in friendly competition to win coveted purchases for your reef!
  4. Winning and Fulfillment: Once the auction ends, the highest bidder wins the item. Make arrangements for payment and shipping, and relish in the satisfaction of being the WINNER!
Ready to Dive In?

To get started, simply visit our Auctions (livestock & drygoods) forum and start creating your listings. (You'll want to read the Auction Rules thoroughly before making a post.)

Whether you're a veteran reefer or new to the reef hobby, this feature is designed to provide you with an exciting avenue for acquiring and selling reef gear and livestock.

Remember, successful auctions are built on clear communication, accurate item descriptions, and responsible bidding. Let's make this new addition to Reef2Reef a thriving hub of activity and a valuable resource for our entire community.

Thank you for being a part of Reef2Reef. We look forward to seeing all the bidding fun that's sure to come!

*Posting an auction requires that members meet marketplace posting requirements of being a member for 30 days AND having 25 meaningful posts OR being a supporting member. To read all of our auction rules, please CLICK HERE.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
will there be a method for seller ratings/feedback similar to either aquabid or ebay?
Currently, it uses the same feedback rating as used for sellers/buyers in the normal marketplace (so there's no separate system for auctions from the regular marketplace).

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess my fear is people are hesitant to “neg” someone ,,,
… Ebay is almost useless because it has so many loopholes for buyers to destroy auctions without consequence …
…and I don’t see enough “Red blocks” in folks profiles to trust the system (IME should be statistically more bad guys) LOL

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will there be a method for seller ratings/feedback similar to either aquabid or ebay?
May be worth while to keep links to successfully completed auctions that can be shared with prospective buyers. Assuming happy buyers reply to the originally listing. It could even be something to ask for and I'm confident many upstanding members here would be happy to do.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess my fear is people are hesitant to “neg” someone ,,,
… Ebay is almost useless because it has so many loopholes for buyers to destroy auctions without consequence …
…and I don’t see enough “Red blocks” in folks profiles to trust the system (IME should be statistically more bad guys) LOL
I'm afraid that is always going to be a concern and one of the reasons I left ebay and PayPal and pretty much stopped selling online.
I had a guy ask for partial refund on an item that had finger prints on it so they didn't consider it new. I removed the item from the box to take pics for the listing so I'm sure it had finger prints on. I did not list it as NIB.

EDIT: PayPal did issue the refund but didn't get it from me because I closed my PayPal dedicated bank account and never left funds that they could freeze. Hopefully this works out here and doesn't attract the bottom feeders,

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see an auction end time must be listed but is there a max end time? Like 7 days, 30 days, etc.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see an auction end time must be listed but is there a max end time? Like 7 days, 30 days, etc.
Hmm...we don't have a limit at present, but we might need to think that through.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It says I do not have permission to access the auction thread, is there a certain requirement?
I'm looking into this for you. You would have to be a member for 30 days and have 25 posts in order to post an auction, but I'm not aware of any requirement to view auctions.

Zunador

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm looking into this for you. You would have to be a member for 30 days and have 25 posts in order to post an auction, but I'm not aware of any requirement to view auctions.
I am having the same issue.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back