Young SPS collection

Mr_anderson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some decent shots of my young SPS with the Canon 6D/100mm 2.8 USM macro. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing corals and very nice shots.
would love a bit more crisp shots so either make sure you're shooting perpendicular to the glass, or chose the thing of your shots when the polyps ain't moving around a lot or decrease your flow ... Unfortunately shutting flow completely will make the long polyps look really ugly. Flash can help but creates its own set of issues with colors. I really like the color what lighting did u use and did you post process the shots?
The efflo (although not the best shot) and the blue tort look amazing, I like the first shot the most.

OP
OP
Mr_anderson

Mr_anderson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroun thanks for the feedback. I'll keep those tips in mind next time I shoot. My tank is lit with 2-250watt reflux 12k and 2-T5 blue plus. I did retouch the photo with Lightroom, but just to get them the way they look in the tank.

McMullen, the 6th acro is a purple efflo.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am still on halides as well and that's a plus with post processing as there's very little t do to get the colors right. Running Phoenix 14 k so a tiny bit more blue than ur reeflux 12 k.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%

Back