Your favorite dry fish food

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably seaweed/nori. Not a real fan of dry fish food due to all the fillers and other nasties that dirty the water. I do keep some PE Mysis Pellets on hand as backup. Frozen LRS Reef Frenzy is my food of choice.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Life Spectrum pellets. Don't use them often but my fish all readily eat them. Usually feed a variety of frozen (Hikari mysis, blood worms, LRS, angel formula)

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on the new life spectrum. Unless something new has come about the NLS pellet food is probably the best dry food for marine fish.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have:

NLS pellets: this is the biggest winner for my tank, pretty much all fish eat them. next time i buy any pellets i'll probably get those NLS probiotix ones

PE mysis pellets 1MM: these seem fine, but the 1 mm is tiny and most of my fish don't notice them or eat them, save the wrasses

NYOS algae and wild goji pellets: opposite problem of the mysis pellets, too big seemingly for most of my fish. wrasses like them, but you can tell they're kinda big and they have to chew them a bit to get them down. other fish are either incapable or not interested

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back