Your freaking me out man!!

Farmreefer711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me with a ID of this creature? I have gone back and forth thinking this is a small Eunice worm! I showed this video from my tank of the fast moving centipede looking worm to my LFS and they kind of laughed and told me i had nothing to worry about. They said that they thought it was some type of scavenging worm?? IDK , if anyone as any thoughts on a positive ID it would be greatly appreciated. O and i have seen at least 4 other smaller identical worms in the last week, with the one in the video being the largest one i have seen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a bristle worm but the head looks different.

#reefsquad

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a classic bristle worm to me. I've been up close and personal with them lately removing them from one of the tanks at the store. They vary, some with how they look, but are mostly all the same.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can someone help me with a ID of this creature? I have gone back and forth thinking this is a small Eunice worm! I showed this video from my tank of the fast moving centipede looking worm to my LFS and they kind of laughed and told me i had nothing to worry about. They said that they thought it was some type of scavenging worm?? IDK , if anyone as any thoughts on a positive ID it would be greatly appreciated. O and i have seen at least 4 other smaller identical worms in the last week, with the one in the video being the largest one i have seen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does look like a bobbit tho =(

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah definatly a Bobbit
Eunice aphroditois
it took me all of 1 second when I saw the mouth.
@Wiz will tell you all about Bobbit worms. He collects them and would be exstatic to take yours off of your hands. Seriosuly if you search you will see his Bobbit tank.

Reefapprentice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah definatly a Bobbit
Eunice aphroditois
it took me all of 1 second when I saw the mouth.
@Wiz will tell you all about Bobbit worms. He collects them and would be exstatic to take yours off of your hands. Seriosuly if you search you will see his Bobbit tank.
I have those guys in my tank, never have picked at anything, they`re scavengers. I dont think its a bobbit either. Just my .02 cents

tcarter1936

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time one is on a small rock it would be easy to catch or make a food trap, that way you could get close up picture's. Just doesn't look like my bristle worms to me.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can tell what it is by the mouth at the very beginning of the video. I would have never been able to tell before I had experienced bobbit worms upclose and personal.

OP
OP
Farmreefer711

Farmreefer711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the real scary thing is that i have seen about 5 of them in different sizes. I am hoping my new Six Line Wrasse will pick them off the rock work. @Wiz do you think it is worth trying to catch them with traps?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the real scary thing is that i have seen about 5 of them in different sizes. I am hoping my new Six Line Wrasse will pick them off the rock work. @Wiz do you think it is worth trying to catch them with traps?

Wiz definitely thinks you should try and catch them and send them to him to add to his Eunice tank ;)

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish there were a love button ↓ :)
Wiz definitely thinks you should try and catch them and send them to him to add to his Eunice tank ;)

If you can catch them, ....... :rolleyes:

If the wrasse hhasn't yet it probably won't. My hobbit is mostly nocturnal. My six line is sleeping when he's up.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.0%
Back