growing up eunice

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am always searching for strange critters. Usually unwanted and sometimes feared. Lol. I was lucky enought to finally aquire one. This little guy was shipped to me from sc. I'm in nh. So, here it starts.
I have a 30g dedicated side by side fuge. There is only one drain in the upper right corner. With a guard I BELIEVE will prevent escape. The tank is filled with a 6"+ dsb, all kinds of macro algae, a few large pieces of lr, and a couple inverts. (Ghost shrimp, emerald crab, snails and a hermit or two). it drains into my sump. In order to escape that it would have to get by a course sponge bubble trap and get through my return pump impeller. I hope I'm safe.
The worm arrived today at 9am. It is currently acclimating inside a cerith snail shell it was shipped with. I hope I get to see it soon and it handled shipping well. :)
Special thanks to @GHsaltie for allowing me this chance to grow him. i would love for you to post your pics of him and any observations you had. Size, behavior, how you caught it. Etc...
I will try to keep this thread updated although I have a feeling if it fits in this shell I probably won't see it much after release. But I'm a crazy obsessive night viewer so if anyone has a chance its me. Lol
If anyone comes accross more creepy crawlies I'm your man! ;-)

20160520_142222.jpg

20160526_090528.jpg

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what an incredible set up! I'm so happy that the little guy got a home with you, and I'm still crossing all my fingers and toes that he made the journey safely!
So my part in the little story isn't all that eventful, I highly suspected I had a bobbit worm in my tank and even stayed up until midnight a couple times to try and spot it, nothing. However when I was checking my filter sock one day last week I noticed a very odd worm. I of course was instantly curious so I whipped out a jar and plopped him in. Lo and behold it's a teeny tiny barely 2in bobbit worm! So that's about it, I saw him briefly sticking his head out of the snail shell Saturday evening but that was the last I saw him, so here's to hoping he'll come out for you tonight.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome man we should compare. You have any pictures of it
Awesome, I'm not the only one! I have a display fuge similar to your set up and "Karl" went from 2" at discovery to 8" last I saw him a couple weeks ago. I think I have 2 more but can't be sure.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You kept the name! Oh my gosh that's so funny! I can't see nothing on my phone though so I'll have to watch the video when I get access to a computer.

Lilly45nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the fuge....how long did it take you to establish that cope-pod population? So very cool....the Bobbitt...Hobbit....:eek: i guess it is a acquired taste;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back