phil_pl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Idea for a thread, here is my most recent
Scooter Blenny
IMG_5636.jpg

I have had this fish for awhile now and shes amazing, full of personality, my favorite thing about this fish is she will let me know when she is hungry she comes to the corner of the tank and swims up and down repeatedly. My LFS had her labeled as an algae blenny. She was rather skinny when I got her, I think it was do to competition over food in tank with over 20 other fish I hopefully will be able to introduce a male later on If I can find one that takes prepared foods.

my last fish purchase was a scooter blenny just like this however he only made it 2 days. i readjusted my ph a little to low and he got buried in sand, by the time i noticed he was about a inch under the sand. i uncovered him, he swam off and died that night
R.I.P. blenny

cl2ysta1

I
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchases a large dussimer tang. He's been really shy so no pix yet. I've seen him picking off the glass when he thinks i'm not looking though :)

treylane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newest addition: mimic filefish (photo stolen)
Thus far, one of the neatest fish I've ever owned. Puppy-like without being frantic (yah, I'm talking about you, mr. bluejaw trigger).
ParaluteresPrionurus4606.jpg

dreaminmel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my most recent fish purchases was this A. tennentii tang. I love it's understated coloring. It is really hard to get a pic of these that shows off the blue/teal hues in it's body coloring. You can't tell by looking at the below pics but this fish was infested with flukes and intestinal worms. I didn't know about the internal worms and kept wondering why the fish kept losing more and more mass even though it was eating like a horse. Put it and all others through some meds while they were waiting to go into my redone setup and lo an behold the internal worms became obvious during treatment with a dewormer. This fish has been rebounding fast and is well on it's way to looking like the pig it is. All throughout it's infested state it still maintained a peaceful reign over my Atlantic Blue tang. The Atlantic Blue is a pissant and whenever it attempts to bully my Sailfin the Tennentii is right over there getting between the two. I absolutely love this fish.
DSCF0520.jpg

DSCF0523.jpg

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tang. It's one of the ones I'm considering after my upgrade, but I'm really not sure it's going to do well in a 125. Glad to hear that it sounds like it's overcoming its illnesses well. Did it show any kind of trouble with the medications?

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two tailspot blennies. The first one was an absolute angel and had a great personality. The second one had a decent personality but nipped at SPS like there was no tomorrow.

My most recent addition is a small female watanabei, about 3". She's gorgeous and has a pretty good personality. The first two days or so she was a bit shy (my tank consists of three bullies, a tomini tang, a chocolate tang, and a leopard wrasse, among other fish). Now she's doing very well and holds her own against every other fish in the tank. She will even get brave enough to steal food from the tomini and chocolate. After trying several other angels only to have them nip at my corals I'm happy to have a genicathus species that is healthy, beautiful, and pretty much guaranteed to be reef safe. I got her from Old Town Aquarium (first time buying from them) and had her shipped to me. The people that I talked to at OTA were very helpful and answered any and all of my questions promptly. I am quite impressed.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most recent was/will be a pair of Flame wrasses....The first ones spent 36+ hrs in shipping do to some schmuck at a UPS facility not putting the package on the truck or the plane....They lasted 9 hrs found them dead on the bottom of the tank Friday morning. I have replacements coming Wed.....Fingers crossed. All I can say is they are some of the most beautiful fish I have ever had in my possession. I can't wait toget the new ones in my tank.

Last edited:

dreaminmel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tang. It's one of the ones I'm considering after my upgrade, but I'm really not sure it's going to do well in a 125. Glad to hear that it sounds like it's overcoming its illnesses well. Did it show any kind of trouble with the medications?

All three of my tangs are happy in my 125. My tank is the tall version that is only 5ft long. They don't pace the glass at all which is usually the first sign of a fish feeling stressed out from lack of space. Aquascaping properly can help immensely. ;) If you've got a 125 packed with rock then no, it probably won't be enough space.

No sign of trouble at all during medications.

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a ton. I'm using rock from my two existing tanks, it'll end up being about 125 lbs, with part of it being really dense. Is your aquascape pretty open, and what other tangs do you have? (Sorry for all the questions.)

youngtimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my second latest, leopard wrasse the first one lasted 1 day :( (not sure why) but was replaced and this one is going on 2 weeks :) she is fat and happy but only eating pods. awsome fish!
DSC07873-1.jpg

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An insane diamond goby who is currently building a fort in the front of my tank. His assignment was to clean the sandbed, but he went for the area that the bristle star had already cleaned and started building. I'm thinking ugly words right now.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also a tailspot blenny for me. Took a couple days for him to get used to me. He's still a little skittish but I've only had him for about a week and a half. I love him though he's so colorful and funny to watch.

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is that leopard? She looks young. I have a leopard wrasse that I bought at 1"...she's now approaching 5.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back