Your latest fish and your review

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to hear about your most recent fish purchase and how it is doing in your tank.

I purchased a Tailspot Blenny (Ecsenius stigmatura) two weeks back and it has been a great nano blenny with great colors.

NOT MY PIC
Ecsenius%20stigmatura.JPG

After two days of being in the tank it was already eating prepared foods and by the 4th day he knew that once the powerheads turned off food was going to be rained down from the top. He spends a good amount of the day picking at algae on the tank walls and rocks, but has eaten mysis, pellets, flakes, and just about anything else that is big enough to fit in his mouth. The only issue I have had with this fish so far is that his size and mouth are so small that the pieces of food I feed to the tank have to be tiny. So far he hasn't picked at any corals or really bothered my two clowns. Great fish!

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My latest fish in a centropyge joculator and it is doing well and looking to be courted by the existing joculator :D

GS0001_1.jpg

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to hear about your most recent fish purchase and how it is doing in your tank.

I purchased a Tailspot Blenny (Ecsenius stigmatura) two weeks back and it has been a great nano blenny with great colors.

NOT MY PIC
Ecsenius%20stigmatura.JPG

After two days of being in the tank it was already eating prepared foods and by the 4th day he knew that once the powerheads turned off food was going to be rained down from the top. He spends a good amount of the day picking at algae on the tank walls and rocks, but has eaten mysis, pellets, flakes, and just about anything else that is big enough to fit in his mouth. The only issue I have had with this fish so far is that his size and mouth are so small that the pieces of food I feed to the tank have to be tiny. So far he hasn't picked at any corals or really bothered my two clowns. Great fish!

I just got the same one. I thought he was so cool looking when he poked his little head out of the rocks then disappeared backwards when i got close. He eats anything i put in and hasnt nipped at anything so far.

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My latest fish are my two six line wrasses, orange shoulder tang, and tailspot blenny (they were all in the same order). I guess tailspots are popular right now! lol.

P4030469.jpg

This little guy is awesome. I call him Dart, cause he darts around the tank eating algae off of everything. He gets along with all the fish including his buddy the hippo tang, and he'll even eat out of my hand.

P4030472.jpg

Both of my 6-lines are great. One is in my 125 and the other in my 54. They get along with the other fish just fine. The one in my 125 likes to challenge me every once in a while. It's funny, he'll flair up his fins and charge me!

P4030465.jpg

This guy is so cute and full of personality. I'm trying to teach him to eat out of my hand. He'll do it sometimes. I am surprised at how quickly he can change color (get white bands on his head and back) and slowly nods his head up and down when he's afraid of something. Is he pretending to be a snail or something?

jabol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mini me:)

mini2v.jpg

Mini me is one of the cutest fish I have ever seen:)

dieselab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest: Black Tang and a pair of ORA Picasso Grade A
Next Week: 3 Helfrich, 1 Rhomboid Wrasse and Pair of Wantanbe

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chaetodon Mitratus. He's been in there about 2 weeks and acts like its been 2 years :D
IMG_1316.jpg

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a purple firefish,banji cardinalfish, a midas blenny and a bi-color blenny...and a naked clown, and a yashi gobie,chalk basslet.. some are in different tanks. all are great additions to a reef tank.. i havent had any trouble with compatability since some are in the same tank.. and are all great fish and all eat very good...

Last edited:

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would be a super male Pink Margin Wrasse. I have 4 other wrasse including a flame and Lineatus but he blows both of them away. Needless to say he is my favorite fish.:)

Showpink1copy.jpg

Joe

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also have a longnose hawkfish and a pixy hawk in the same tank with no problems..

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my latest:
524383460_NNvkg-L.jpg

Orange Sided Fairy Wrasse.

GREAT FISH! He was eating literally moments after being introduced into the tank. So far there has been no issues with aggression towards my new fish, and he has been a model citizen towards his tank mates. Talk about a splash of COLOR! WOW!

GSD09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Idea for a thread, here is my most recent
Scooter Blenny
IMG_5636.jpg

I have had this fish for awhile now and shes amazing, full of personality, my favorite thing about this fish is she will let me know when she is hungry she comes to the corner of the tank and swims up and down repeatedly. My LFS had her labeled as an algae blenny. She was rather skinny when I got her, I think it was do to competition over food in tank with over 20 other fish I hopefully will be able to introduce a male later on If I can find one that takes prepared foods.

fishytyme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my second attempt at a leopard, doing well and out everyday! over a month now i think.

P1000609.jpg

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jabol, that frog is absolutely stunning!

My newest fish is a male rubrizonatus anthias. He is one of two males, the other not surviving. After three weeks of QT (shortened due to unfortunate circumstances with a fairy) he jumped out of the acclimation container and into the tank. Thankfully, he seemed to be fine and still does, being in the main tank for about two weeks today. I love his coloration, he's eating great, and is very interactive.

Sorry for the reflection, but it's the only pic I have of him not in QT and in focus.

04110901-1.jpg

jules11vb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most recent fish was a female lyretail anthias. She's beautiful and easy to take care of. She eats flakes, brine shrimp, etc. I like her bright colors and friendly personality. She gets along great with all of the other tankmates. I prefer a peacful tank environment to an agressive one. The purple stripe is longer when viewed from the side.
r7ss47.jpg

(not my actual photo, but she looks just like this.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ficklefins

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the same one. I thought he was so cool looking when he poked his little head out of the rocks then disappeared backwards when i got close. He eats anything i put in and hasnt nipped at anything so far.

My latest fish are my two six line wrasses, orange shoulder tang, and tailspot blenny (they were all in the same order). I guess tailspots are popular right now! lol.
P4030465.jpg

This guy is so cute and full of personality. I'm trying to teach him to eat out of my hand. He'll do it sometimes. I am surprised at how quickly he can change color (get white bands on his head and back) and slowly nods his head up and down when he's afraid of something. Is he pretending to be a snail or something?

Interesting how a tailspot blenny has shown up this many times. I'll see if I can start a tailspot thread this weekend so we can track our success with keeping this beautiful blenny.

Anybody want to provide input on your last fish purchased?

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay my last purchase was a lineatus wrasse. i have never kept a wrasse and was unsure to expect. i had figured i was looking forward to a skidish fish that would want to jump alot. however thats not what i got.
i purchased him on april 24 and he was out right away and checking everything out and eating well. he is still doing FANTASTIC.
he is completely diff. than what i was expecting. he is very curious and is always checking everything out (even when i put the turkey baster in to blow off the rocks) he comes around to check it out. when i get near the glass he swims over and faces the glass as if hes saying hello. he also hangs out alot and swims with my juvenile oxny clown pair. he has been such a pleasant surprise and i am really enjoying him.
here is a pic the day i got him. sorry such a terrible pic. its the only one i had semi in focus.... (he has much better coloration now that he has acclimated) i think its possibly a young male)
DSC04033.jpg

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My latest is the same as fishytyme's- a male M. bipartitus. I've had him for over three months and he's eating flakes now. I've got my name on a nice sized M. negrosensis at the LFS, but noticed the right eye was messed up. I may still take it if if stays healthy...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back