Your videos--AI Prime 16HD settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watch your videos a lot. Because of your videos I bought 3 AI Prime 16HD for 2 of my tanks. I run your AB+ settings on my Primes, with UV at 119% and violet at 116%. Now I see a new video where you have BRS custom settings running UV and violet up at 166% and the blues around 125%. At the AB+ settings the lens melted on my UV and violet LEDs in less than a year. I can imagine that at the new custom settings the lens would melt in as little as a couple of months. AI is now limiting how high you can turn up the channels due to the lens melting. You never mention in your videos about lens melting, is this not happening to your Primes?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great question. We run a handful of Primes around the BRS office and haven't had any issues with melting lenses. There are enough users out there that have had issues though, so AI recently pushed out a firmware update that limits how high you can get some of those channels. With the new setting limitations, we would expect to see a roughly 10% drop in max par. If you haven't already, I would suggest reaching out to AI as they've been great about sending out replacement lenses for those customers affected by this melting issue.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back