YWG Not staying at the bottom

Pez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added fish to my 29 gal nano about a month ago. In the beginning the YWG and the Six Spot Sleeper Goby hung out together in the same cave. The other day I was doing some tank mainetance and discovered the YWG in the refuge middle chamber. He then swam to the return chamber and it took me a while and lots of poking him to finally catch him with a makeshift net. Ever since that day (4 days) he has been at the top of the water column either swimming around in circles along with the wave maker water flow or actually half sticking out of grill of the water input chamber. When I touch him he easily swims away but soon enough he is back at the top? All water parameters are fine. Any ideas, suggestions, comments. I've seen the Orchid Dottyback harass him a few times and he doesn't seem to be getting along with the other goby. What should I do? I feel like he is slipping down hill. Thanks

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a fish I would really like to have in my tank. I tried a few times and every single one of them would stay at the top.
then a day later they’re dead. Never buying one again.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added fish to my 29 gal nano about a month ago. In the beginning the YWG and the Six Spot Sleeper Goby hung out together in the same cave. The other day I was doing some tank mainetance and discovered the YWG in the refuge middle chamber. He then swam to the return chamber and it took me a while and lots of poking him to finally catch him with a makeshift net. Ever since that day (4 days) he has been at the top of the water column either swimming around in circles along with the wave maker water flow or actually half sticking out of grill of the water input chamber. When I touch him he easily swims away but soon enough he is back at the top? All water parameters are fine. Any ideas, suggestions, comments. I've seen the Orchid Dottyback harass him a few times and he doesn't seem to be getting along with the other goby. What should I do? I feel like he is slipping down hill. Thanks
It does sound like it is being harassed by the other fish. Can you post a short video?
Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back