0   0   0
nice

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question.. is this day 2 of being setup entirely? If so where did you get your rock that it has gha on it, and why wasn’t it scrubbed off before entering your tank?

OP
OP
zachSalty

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from the local marine store here in Pittsburgh I was told I could just place it straight in the tank

OP
OP
zachSalty

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question.. is this day 2 of being setup entirely? If so where did you get your rock that it has gha on it, and why wasn’t it scrubbed off before entering your tank?
I got it from the local marine store here in Pittsburgh I was told I could just place it straight in the tank

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I highly recommend looking into the InTank media baskets. At least the first chamber one. And ditch the sponge in the second chamber. It's just a nutrient sink. Terrible design. Lastly, upgrading the pump to a Sicce .5 or 1.0 is always a solid move.

OP
OP
zachSalty

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I highly recommend looking into the InTank media baskets. At least the first chamber one. And ditch the sponge in the second chamber. It's just a nutrient sink. Terrible design. Lastly, upgrading the pump to a Sicce .5 or 1.0 is always a solid move.
It came with the sponge like you said, and two media’s a carbon and the circle pods. What should I replace with?

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna go ahead and disagree. Bristle worms are a critical part of a good cleanup crew. They’re good detritivores and help keep your tank clean. Just don’t go rustling around in your sand bed gloveless.

Get the InTank first chamber media basket and keep the bio media and carbon. Maybe buy a little more ceramic media, or even some chemipure blue packets, and pop em into that basket and you’re good to go. Second chamber can be used for lots of things. It’s where I keep my small skimmer and heater.

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna go ahead and disagree. Bristle worms are a critical part of a good cleanup crew. They’re good detritivores and help keep your tank clean. Just don’t go rustling around in your sand bed gloveless.

Get the InTank first chamber media basket and keep the bio media and carbon. Maybe buy a little more ceramic media, or even some chemipure blue packets, and pop em into that basket and you’re good to go. Second chamber can be used for lots of things. It’s where I keep my small skimmer and heater.
To each their own. I am on the side of there are plenty of other clean up crew that also do a great job of cleaning the sand bed that aren’t harmful.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To each their own. I am on the side of there are plenty of other clean up crew that also do a great job of cleaning the sand bed that aren’t harmful.
Totally understandable. The way I see it, you're never going to get rid of them entirely, and they're a good indication of how much you might be overfeeding. If their population is exploding, it probably means you need to cut back on how much you feed.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back