Zebra Eel Diet

Scrambler87

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2016
Messages
25
Reaction score
28
Location
Spokane
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

So long story short. I thought I had lost my eel and finally have found him after 7 month of not seeing him in the tank at all, kinda a shock for me to find him when I was doing the rescape of my rock. He is happy and healthy and has grown quite alot. I went over to my LFS I got him from and he was even shocked he was still alive.

So now that he is located and is swimming out in the open more. I need to sort out his diet. I have no clue what he has been eating. I have been feeding whole medium shrimp tail on and shell on. I aint sure if thats sufficient or if I should offer other foods as well. He is about 3 feet long now.

Any help would be appreciated
 
Variety is the spice of life, the shrimp is a good staple. If you have an asian market convenient you could find a number of choices in the frozen seafood section. Squid and octopus are very well received. A big bag of smelt(known as silversides at lfs) at the asian market is like $7. What were you feeding the tank when he disappeared, he must have been eating whatever went behind the rocks. They will eat a wide variety of chunky seafood, scallops are another item I get from Walmart.
 
My normal food for the tank is ocean nutrition all of the flake, brine shrimp,bloodworms,plankton,mysis all mixed in bucket. My fish love it. Also was offering krill to some of my fish a few times a week. So not sure if he was eating that or what exactly he was eating. I’ll look into the squid, I just set up a ghost shrimp tank to raise live shrimp for him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new