Zebra eel

cody hendrix

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Messages
447
Reaction score
136
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Zebra eel that I have had for about 2 months. When I got it, it ate right away and continued eating for the next month. Then it stopped eating and hasn't eaten anything since. I know they can go a good amount of time without eating, but how long till I should be worried? The eel is still pretty active. FYI the eel is about 16 inches.
 
They can go awhile without eating, but hunger strikes usually have a reason. In most cases getting nitrates down helps reignite their appetite.
 
They can go awhile without eating, but hunger strikes usually have a reason. In most cases getting nitrates down helps reignite their appetite.
Nitrates are only at 5, that shouldn't be a problem. Should it?
 
No, that shouldn't be a problem.
 
Too much activity nin or near the tank, tankmates nipping, temp swings, digestive tract blockage...
 
None of those things changes. How would I know if it was a digestive tract blockage?
 
It's difficult to tell with eels. I would just skip offering food for a week, then trying again.
 
Well I don't know what changed but it is back to eating. Ate some shrimp and scallops today.
 
He is eating great now, I never got down to why he stopped eating. I did treat first internal parasites.
 
I just saw the post. I did I posted it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new