Zebra Moray won't eat

AnemoneMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went into my LFS about 2 months ago and the had a large 1.5 foot snowflake eel and a 2 foot Zebra Moray. I talked the the person that runs the SW section and asked about them, she told me that someone had brought them in from there tank and that they had not eaten yet. So I decided to pay for them and then wait until they ate before I took them home. Now a few days ago she told me that her boss wanted them gone and that I was going to have to take them or just take the snowflake. Keep in mind that the Zebra hasn't eaten in 2 months at least and she said that the snowflake ate a couple of times. So I decided to take them home because, well I really wanted them. When I got them home they seemed to take to my tank very well and immediately started swimming through the rockwork and digging tunnels. But today I noticed the the Zebras eyes are slightly cloudy, and I've tried feeding everything I can think of but they still won't eat. I'm not sure what to do because I don't want to lose an eel of that size and price. Any advice on what I should do or try?

OP
OP
A

AnemoneMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and before me they were in a 90 gallon tank at a local sushi restaurant, where I was told they were feeding scraps of sushi grade shrimp and fish

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back