Zeo pros/cons

corsi1330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am wanting to try the zeo system and really just looking for feedback from current users. I need someone to push me over the edge LOL. I have two bare bottom systems tied together sharing the same sump. All of my sps have great growth and adequate color. Just recently I have been noticing hair algae in only one of my tanks. Strange as they both share the same sump? All of my tests show zero phosphate and nitrate. Due to the algae I am assuming it is consuming it and hence the readings. Just started running GFO again to combat. So I think some sort of carbon/zeo dosing is my best option.
The tank pictured is a year old and the other 3 years (not pictured). I do weekly water changes and keep up with cleaning but I have a heavy bioload. Most fish are small but I have about 25 in this 105g. I do feed rather heavy to keep the masses feed. Pic is taken with a flash and colors are much better. I am aware of costs and just traded for a new vertex RX-Z 3.0 starter kit. So basically I am ready to start. Just looking for opinions as this is a big step! Thanks in advance.

ahtatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to take the zeo plunge. I feel like the zeovit system takes aquarium keeping to the next level by making it easier to achieve closer to natural parameters, and to me thats the goal of keeping a reeftank. I want a beautiful, colorful chunk of the ocean. Zeovit, to me, seems awesome. I have been doing alot of reading on the zeovit forum. check that out.
With the zeovit system you will not need to use gfo, as its recommended not too, but the system does have a way to keep phosphates down, as well as reduce nitrates.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back