Zeolight system with refugium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

illumnae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently rebooted my system after losing the fight with dinos, and am taking the opportunity to redesign my sump to add a refugium section. I've chosen to add a refugium for 2 reasons, first to get a higher ph in my system and second because of persistent phosphate imbalance that the zeolight system has been unable to fix.

Is the zeolight system compatible with a tank running a refugium or will I need to remove certain elements of the system? Ultimate aim is of course healthy and brightly coloured sps.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeovit system does not recommend using a Refugium. Then again someone will always claim to replace another system to increase market share! For example, miracle mud says no need for protein skimmer! IMO all systems can benefit from a Refugium as these are natural filters that will feed your tank and prevent alot of unknown issues. I believe the BRS 160 is using the zeovit system along with a small refugium.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Zeo-Light and Zeovit are not the same ;)

Yes, you can continue using a refugium with the Zeo-Light system. Our system is made to provide low nutrient conditions for all corals without driving important levels such as NO3 and PO4 to undetectable levels. Maintain your NO3 between 2-5ppm and your macro algae will do well and continue to grow.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back