Zeolight VS UltraLith - System

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is the difference between the two?

Zeolight system:
Zeolight - zeolite mix
Reef Vitality
Ultra Carb L
water conditioning
Color Elements trace elements
Ultramin S nutrient supply
Ultra Easy potassium +

Ok I see zeolite is required for the zeolight system but I see no bacteria food or bacteria so what is the zeolite for?

Is this system used to lower nutrients or just a coral feeding program?

Does the Color elements need to be added if you are using the balling method which seems to have Ultra Trace B Color and Grow Elements already? Are they the same thing?

I see a Zeolight Starter Kit and again not for sale here.

Ultralith system:

1. Ultralith Marine Zeolite Mix
2. UltraMin S Basic Nutrient and Trace element solution
3. Ultrabak Bacterial food, Carbon and Vitamin source
4. UtraBio specially formulated blend of different bacterial strains for rapid
nutrient reduction

This seems more like Zeovit system and is made for ultralow nutrients?
They also do not carry the ultrabio.

Hard to run this system if the product are not available.

I see there is a starter kit for it but Bulkreefsupply does not Cary it either?

Starter kits are a good way to start but are not carried, it is also a good way to try out a system to see if you like it. They should be offered.

Last edited:

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Dave,

The primary differences between the two systems is the way a low nutrient system is achieved.

With UltraLith, bacteria is the main supporter of nutrient reduction when used with Ultra Bio.

Zeolight is our newer, more simplistic method which eliminates the need to dose products on a daily basis. With this system, your corals are what helps bring your tank to ULN levels. Reef Vitality makes it easier for your corals to utilize more of what they consume as usable food. This extra amount of consumed food is what helps to reduce nutrients.

Trace B elements are supplements that can be added to our Balling Light method. We also have users adding Trace B elements to their BRS 2-part batches. This product provides a nice and steady supply of trace elements which strengthen disease resistance, improve growth, and increase polyp extension.

Color Elements are added directly to the aquarium. These are also trace elements. These specific bottles will help with color adjustment and create a shining-like appearance on LPS and SPS tissue.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are working to get another batch of Zeolite into the states. Once they arrive, dealers such as BRS will be notified.

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there currently no where in the US to buy Ultra Bio? Also, how does this differ from Ultra Marine Bakto Blend & Ulta Marine Bakto Therapy? Are all 3 used in a typical set up?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ultra Bio will also be arriving in the states soon. :)

Ultra Bio is the bacteria based product used for the UltraLith system. It is also used as a means for naturally removing cyanobacteria when it is used with UltraLife.

Bakto Blend and Bakto Therapie are also bacteria based products containing halophilic and probiotic bacteria which can be used to cycle a new tank and maintain healthy bacteria levels for the life of the tank.

Bakto Therapie helps with the breakdown of detritus and organic deposits. It also removes waste products that are found in fish foods. Over time the product will reduce the amount of pathogens in the water and reduce the risk of fish and coral diseases.

Bakto Blend stabilizes nutrient cycles in aquariums.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back