Zeovit Coral Snow

zbrusko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Zeovit Coral Snow do anything other than clear cloudy water? Does it feed Coral in some way? To achieve other benefits, is it meant to be used in conjunction with some other products?

I am planning to DIY my next batch, as I am having success with it clearing my water. Just curious if it is doing anything else that the DIY method does not.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Zeovit Coral Snow do anything other than clear cloudy water? Does it feed Coral in some way? To achieve other benefits, is it meant to be used in conjunction with some other products?

I am planning to DIY my next batch, as I am having success with it clearing my water. Just curious if it is doing anything else that the DIY method does not.
Not that I know of. Diy is the way to go. Side benefit seems to be reducing vermetid snail populations.

OP
OP
zbrusko

zbrusko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a curious name, I suppose. It is doing what I need it to, then. Thanks!

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's a flocculant, which just traps particles and makes it easier for your mechanical filtration easier to pick it up. It can potentially decrease nitrates and phosphates if dosed on a schedule.

Tbell805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the idea behind adding zeofood or zeobak to it is so that the bacteria bind to the flocculant and as it travels around the tank will coat other surfaces, out competing whatever is there. Whether this is true or any different than directly dosing those products to the tank is up for debate.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back