Zeovit Reactor won’t hold water

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Skimz Monster Zeovit Reactor. When the pump is off all the water drains exposing the top 1/3 of the rocks. Anyone have an easy solution?

cthedaytrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it an external reactor? Is your reactor above the sump? I haven't used one, but I have used external zeovit reactors and generally the easiest thing to do is have the reactor or the outlet of the reactor below the sump level. This way when the reactor turns off it should break the siphon and stop the flow from draining the reactor. Another option that is a bit trickier and might work but might be unreliable is to create loop in the tubing an arc that is higher than the reactor, so the flow goes up and then down into the sump. That may help as well. I assume your running 3 hours on and 3 hours off in the early stages? I had a similar problem with my vibe, I just put a crate outside my sump for the first month so the vibe was lower than the sump, annoying but once I switched to 24/7 this is non issue anyway.

OP
OP
rob safron

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can run internal or external, I have it sitting in the refugium section of my sump. I can try the loop thing. I’m about ready just to run 24/7. My nitrates have gone up from 2.5 to around 7 now since starting.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 75 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back