OP
OP
Zer0

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, my majano anemone split at some point last night. No idea if that is good or bad, but it’s pretty neat either way!

Attachments

• F87FAC36-283B-4AB6-9CF2-C8B9EA3E1239.jpeg
    F87FAC36-283B-4AB6-9CF2-C8B9EA3E1239.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
Zer0

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope these are okay
1622846640255.gif

**Sorry about the frag rack in the way, I literally just received an order from zoanthids.com yesterday. **

I'm pretty happy with the tank so far. It's only about three months old, but I am quite surprised by the amount of activity that goes on in such a small tank. I've observed some very cool behavior from the tailspot blenny and the cleaner shrimp acting as a duo, the cleaner shrimp will go around and pick things off the rocks and Noodle will follow it around hovering close nearby. I'm assuming Noodle is hoping to get any scraps of food that may be dislodged. I've also noticed that Noodle is much less shy and skittish nowadays after I introduced the cleaner shrimp, which is very bold in what it wants. I have also observed Noodle getting a cleaning from the cleaner shrimp! That was very exciting to see in person and up close.

I'm going to try and get a decent video of the tank and its inhabitants sometime soon, but I will admit that I'm pretty clueless when it comes to recording or editing video.

Oh also, I wanted to mention for log purposes that I started dosing Brightwell CoralAmino every other day. We'll see how that turns out.

OP
OP
Zer0

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubblegum monti has been growing quite nicely, but yesterday something really must have ticked it off because it was closed up all day. Today it was looking a little better though. This photo was at its happiest.

OP
OP
Zer0

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank is doing well, I just recently bought a Kamoer dosing pump which I want to set up soon. I did a 50% water change on Saturday and I'm going to wait two weeks and then test all of my water parameters again and try to come up with some kind of element consumption metrics so I know how much to dose. I wanted to start off with dosing Kalk+2 because that seems to have everything I need wrapped up in one powder, and is a lot easier to get than AllForReef. Also seems like a safe starting point. Part of the reason I wanted to start dosing is because I can't seem to get my nitrates and phosphates out of the ultra low range, so I figured I could start dosing some key elements and then only do water changes once every 2 weeks or perhaps even once a month. That way I can get my nutrient levels up without having to specifically dose nitrates and phosphates, which isn't something I really want to do. We'll see how that works out.

Also I ordered some stuff from reefcleaners; a spotted porcelain crab(originally was a crinoid squat lobster but apparently it didn't make it before they could ship it, so I substituted with the porcelain crab), a fuzzy chiton, two limpets, two money cowries, and a reticulated sea star. Everyone looks great so far, and over the next couple weeks I'll be trying to get some decent photos of all of them.

For now I'll leave another shot of one of my gonis

Thanks for watching!

OP
OP
Zer0

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any update i would love to see how this tank is doing now
Sorry, never saw the notification for this post. Went through a rough dino outbreak, still battling leftovers of it. Other than that, and a couple other hiccups along the way, it’s been great.

Attachments

• A8043560-BA92-4859-B158-A549BA2B2E18.jpeg
    A8043560-BA92-4859-B158-A549BA2B2E18.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 29
Back