Zero nitrates and possible dino outbreak at 4 months

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishcrisp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've tried dosing NeoNitro to raise my nitrates, but they continue to read 0.00 ppm. I also decided to skip a water change in hopes of allowing nutrients to build up, but my nitrates are still reading zero.

Now it looks like the dinos are starting to take over.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Nitrates: 0.00

Phos:003

For filtration im running protein skimmer 24/7 and roller filter

I feed 3 times a day sometimes 4.
How are your pods and cleanup crew? If the pods have disappeared and cleanup crew appear drunk or dying, then you have a toxic dino bloom.

With PO4 that low, I would hesitate dosing ONLY nitrates....you should dose, but target BOTH of these values:
≥ 0.10 ppm PO4 and ≥ 5 ppm NO3
 
How are your pods and cleanup crew? If the pods have disappeared and cleanup crew appear drunk or dying, then you have a toxic dino bloom.

With PO4 that low, I would hesitate dosing ONLY nitrates....you should dose, but target BOTH of these values:
≥ 0.10 ppm PO4 and ≥ 5 ppm NO3
My clean up crew seem to be okay,my tuxedo urchin still alive. I added pods last night so i'll keep my eyes on them. Im dosing 15ml of nitronitrates and still get reading of 0.00
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new