Zinc and copper - help please

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ajm83 - In case you happen to be doubtful of your results.
With seeing those different levels of detection i went back looking at my rodi water but with Ati icp this time.
Test done yesterday,wednesday, & it came back clean & doesn't seem to have much nonsense showing up in the result.
Maybe just helps validate what results you getting, then again i suppose it depends on what machine on what day.
Here if it's of interest - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1onVic4D9W4hNc0EtxnDkZvfVdNtdRzgR/view?usp=sharing

OP
OP
ajm83

ajm83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ajm83 Is there an update?
Yes, sorry I forgot to update the thread - the extra DI stages seems to have resolved it!

I've had my RODI tested twice by ATI since adding the extra DI stages, both times copper and zinc have come back as undetectable. [emoji41]

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping an old thread but wanted to chime in hopefully for anyone else that is having these issues.

I also began having STN on a well established SPS system. Here are my ICP Results:

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG

Without doing an ICP test on my water I believe zinc was getting into my system via exhausted RODI filters (two TDS meters still showed 0) and a combination of old galvanized steel pipes in my house.

OP
OP
ajm83

ajm83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally expect that zinc from 0 ppm TDS is not the source. Even without a DI, zinc is quite well removed by reverse osmosis membranes.
Interesting, so maybe something else was the issue and the DI merely coincidence.

I wish there were an affordable way to test these elements at low levels at home. The problem with ICP is it's so expensive that you can't easily test after making individual changes.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back