Zoa’s melting! Can one type not be affected?

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had these two types of zoas growing in a large patch for over year and a half and all of a sudden one is melting fast within a day a2inch by 2 inch patch literally melts to nothing and happening day after day. However, the other type of zoas don’t seem to be affected YET! Is it possible or common one can be affected and not another? Hoping!!! The more colorful ones are good but the brown boring ones are dying so not overly depressed yet. Tank has been rock solid from when they were growing fast. Just happened out of blue and did not add anything in over a year so just chalking it up to one of those mystery things. Please tell me there is a possibility the colorful type will survive?

OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly a Zoa eating Nudibranch? I’d consider removing that rock possibly dipping it.
But had zoas in tank growing for just about 2 years and didn’t put anything new in tank for over a year. I was thinking more of some type of bacterial infection.

OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Glenner’sreef . Yup! You are right. Just caught my regal angelfish pecking them off one by one. He was sneaky:he swims by grabs a bite and moves on in one motion. Circles around and does it over and over. Going to move remaining to other tank. Worried he is working towards the pretty ones which most likely will happen now. Urg

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Glenner’sreef . Yup! You are right. Just caught my regal angelfish pecking them off one by one. He was sneaky:he swims by grabs a bite and moves on in one motion. Circles around and does it over and over. Going to move remaining to other tank. Worried he is working towards the pretty ones which most likely will happen now. Urg
A rogue Regal? Go fig. Congrats.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back