russell.dexter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

Can you take a look at my palys and give me your thoughts / feedback

This frag has been in the tank for over a month now and has grown quite a bit (from five or six polyps to twelve)

The polyp on the top right keeps randomly closing though and always seems.... Deformed... Or twisted slightly. The photos aren't the best...

Any ideas on the health of this colony?

5D914CBB-47EE-4A33-A939-15CAFD29FD15.jpeg 41C74E7C-9C7C-426A-8FFF-838D25940AD1.jpeg

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks okay to me, sometimes an individual polyp will come out a little wonky but I don’t see any signs of disease or pests. They do appear to be stretched and browned so moving them to higher light should make the stalks shorter and give them better coloration but it’s mostly a cosmetic choice and definitely not required

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks to me like a couple of the polyps may have gotten something suspended and trying to eat as their typical response looks like this

OP
OP
russell.dexter

russell.dexter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks okay to me, sometimes an individual polyp will come out a little wonky but I don’t see any signs of disease or pests. They do appear to be stretched and browned so moving them to higher light should make the stalks shorter and give them better coloration but it’s mostly a cosmetic choice and definitely not required
Thanks!

They are sort of stretched- I am using the stock light on a Fluval Evo 5 gallon, so I'm sure it's not getting the best light it could. Hopefully I can upgrade the light to a kessil in the near future!

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

They are sort of stretched- I am using the stock light on a Fluval Evo 5 gallon, so I'm sure it's not getting the best light it could. Hopefully I can upgrade the light to a kessil in the near future!
Kessil or AI are great lights for a smaller tank, love the vibrancy it brings out in the corals. Hope you get that upgrade soon!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back