Zoa eating Nudibranch

NJHC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased some nice Zoa colonies about a month-and-a-half ago from a reputable reef Store and even after dipping my corals with CORAL REEF Dip there were a few hitchhikers that survived. I guess because they took it straight from the ocean, needless to say those hitchhikers had babies in the hundreds.

I continue to dip my corals taking them out of the tank and doing what was needed also sucking them up with a turkey baster on a daily basis but I just can't get it to the point where it's eliminating all of them.

So my question is does anyone have a recommendation on a fish or specific reef aquarium invertebrate that will eat these little nudibranch. Your suggestions are thankful in a huge way.
1478315469916.jpg

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanarus wrasse

I have a healthy melanurus wrasse and he doesn't seem to be eating them :/

Maybe he's too fed and satisfied? I don't know, but my zoas have been half open for days and I still see some nudis on there... I did a freshwater dip on my corals and seemed to shake a whole lot of junk off including a bunch of nudis.

Let's see how they do after the dip by tomorrow I can tell you MY melanurus wrasse is not really eating them

Quah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest just keep dipping regularly and eventually you'll get them all.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you take that photo? beautiful!

My Yellow Coris Wrasse is always picking around my Zoas. I used to see nudibranches too, but after dipping, I guess they were small enough after hatching for the wrasse to take care of.

IGROZOAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a healthy melanurus wrasse and he doesn't seem to be eating them :/

Maybe he's too fed and satisfied? I don't know, but my zoas have been half open for days and I still see some nudis on there... I did a freshwater dip on my corals and seemed to shake a whole lot of junk off including a bunch of nudis.

Let's see how they do after the dip by tomorrow I can tell you MY melanurus wrasse is not really eating them

Try to cut the feeding a little. Sometimes fish are a hit n miss. But all the melanurus I have had ate all pests. Another cheap alternative is a yellow coris wrasse

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back