Zoa eating nudibranchs

Legal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had this problem before, but 99.9999% sure these are zoa eating nudibranchs. Looks like I'll be picking up some coral Rx unless someone with experience knows of something better that's completely reef safe. Not interested in getting a wrasse or other pest eating fish though. These are in a 20 long that is going to be used as a quarantine tank when my main tank is set up next week. I have hammers, Duncan, favia, goniopora, montipora, cloves, xenia, green star polyps, ricordea, lots of zoas, reef hermits, snails, diamond goby and two clowns. There's about 12 lbs of live rock in the tank too. The xenia and live rock will be staying in the quarantine tank, everything else will be moved to the new setup after I'm sure it's pest free.
Screenshot_20180328-220756.png
Screenshot_20180328-220724.png

ZachR32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do rodi dips at tank temp and pH, works well. Usually takes weeks to eventually eliminate them all with just dipping. PITA pest

Lance Fjeseth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do rodi dips at tank temp and pH, works well. Usually takes weeks to eventually eliminate them all with just dipping. PITA pest
I had them too. I picked out the ones I could find with very long tweezers, and then used flatwork exit to does my tank. Do a search - there is a good thread on dosage and how often. worked for me. did stun my smaller snails for a few minutes during the initial dosage though.

OP
OP
Legal Reefer

Legal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have access to revive, going to try that before ordering anything else. I've read where others have had good results with coral Rx and flat worm exit. Not as many reviews of revive out thete, but I have seen a few people saying it works. Just have to be vigilant in treatments to kill future hatchlings since the eggs are not affected. I'm leary of using pesticides like Bayer that are not specifically formulated for coral treatments. I have also seen where some claim to have had good results with fresh water dips, lugol or peroxide, although the last two seem like they would be more of a treatment for bacterial problems or infections. I have also seen many people claiming those last treatments are harsh and they have lost corals.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back