Zoa frag placement suggestions

Psychedelic Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am back in the hobby after a 15 year hiatus. Tank is cycled, six fish currently happy as can be. Ordered my first corals during the WWC event last weekend and am getting them this week.

Ordered six zoa frags to start. Goal is to have a mixed reef (euphyllia heavy). I have a 180 gallon tank (viewable from both sides) with three separate rock formations with some loose rock pieces.

Should I glue the zoa frags onto loose rocks (to form their own islands) or around the base of one of the rock formations?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

20210227_084455.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a solid plan. Your lighting and the needs of the corals will determine their placement more, though.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am back in the hobby after a 15 year hiatus. Tank is cycled, six fish currently happy as can be. Ordered my first corals during the WWC event last weekend and am getting them this week.

Ordered six zoa frags to start. Goal is to have a mixed reef (euphyllia heavy). I have a 180 gallon tank (viewable from both sides) with three separate rock formations with some loose rock pieces.

Should I glue the zoa frags onto loose rocks (to form their own islands) or around the base of one of the rock formations?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

20210227_084455.jpg
Euphyllia heavy is the way!!! I think a ton of zoa islands would be super cool cool typically I see scolys, brain, plates etc in the sand to color it up, but islands of zoas I think would be super cool. Definitely a first for me I might just steal that idea lol!!!

I know growing zoas as a back wall are pretty cool too, like GSP backsplash

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back