Zoa help!

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been fighting this for a few weeks now. I thought it was a fish picking on the zoas, but it is not. All my zoa's are disppearing. They are there and a few hours later or the next morning they are gone. SPS, mushrooms and LPS all seem OK and it's not effecting all zoas.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'l try it, but I dont think thats it. Some are too high up. The crabs stay a the bottom.
Got shrimp? IMO. Animals climb to eat.
Also keep an eye for other molts. My "gorilla" I know is gone becuse the molts have stopped. And I'm pretty sure it's my acro crabs eating my Zoas. They live in a large stylo colony at the top of the tank.
I feed them more now.
IMG_0510.JPG

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm.. Maybe I will do that actually. I have revive. How long should I dip them?
Just look at the zoas. If the look melted look close and you'll see baby vampires. In most cases you'll see adults on the glass or rock. Right after the babies are born. Good strategy. Lay eggs look for another colony.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just look at the zoas. If the look melted look close and you'll see baby vampires. In most cases you'll see adults on the glass or rock. Right after the babies are born. Good strategy. Lay eggs look for another colony.

So, how do I get rid of them completely if thats what it is? Also, I have a duncan frag that has been closed for weeks now. It's still alive, but closed.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, how do I get rid of them completely if thats what it is? Also, I have a duncan frag that has been closed for weeks now. It's still alive, but closed.
I couldn't tell you if it's related. You'd have to eyeball that. If it's systemic you'll have to test and look. Ie zoa melt Duncan melt.

If it's a new Duncan frag Esp mariculture it could be Chem, so seperate them and run aggressive carbon

If it's a predator crab etc they disappear so run a trap

If is nudis look for babies and eggs.
And walking adults. If you see babies dip them , wait about 8-12 days and look for dying zoas again that's the reproductive cycle. So repeated dips after every hatch and adult removal.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back