Zoa ID please & thank you!!

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my candy apple reds (all the way in the back of the picture) do not really look like CARs anymore. They are getting a yellow ring after the green center, and a little bit of orange on the skirt. Anyone know what they are or if this particular morph has a name?? Thanks
CAR zoa.jpg

Ares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are several topics on this, my CARs have developed a yellow ring and slight hint of orange. From what I've read and seen this happens with some strains of CARs that are very healthy and under very bright lights.
I also have Candy Apple Oranges and have seen Bowser's, the coloration is different enough it is very noticeable.

How long have you had them and what kind of lights etc? My CARs look like that. If water quality isn't top notch or I move them to lower light they lose the yellow.

OP
OP
E

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had them for about 2 months. I have a 6x39w t5 fixture on a 40g breeder. Water quality is near perfect, and they are located towards the bottom as well.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAR do that under high light I've seen it lots of times, they are CAR.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 131 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back