Zoa ID

TailspotBlenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered some corals and a few look quite different than the photos. Can anyone identify this zoa?

First pic under blue dominant lighting, second under daylight. Thanks in advance for your help.

BBE735B8-5A92-4C94-B8E6-26F1BC114394.jpeg 5D217811-4217-4D6D-891B-0D0A1CBF2364.jpeg

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
That's not much to go on. Likely either a fairy tale or a scrambled egg.

If you haven't already I'd invest in a clip on colored lens for your camera. Even it you're not particularly good at taking pics it makes a heck of a difference.

OP
OP
TailspotBlenny

TailspotBlenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get a few opinions without being influenced by what it was advertised to be, but I'll go ahead and say that it's supposed to be Nirvana according to the seller I purchased from. After doing more research I see that the Nirvana on different sellers websites look totally different from one another. So I guess the lighting and lens colors make a huge difference.

I'm not totally new to zoanthids, but previously purchased mostly the well known ones, and mostly purchased from LFS where I could see them before purchasing. Now I'm stocking a new tank and living in an area where buying online is my only option. So, lesson learned, I will be more careful buying zoas I'm not familiar with, or at least buy cheaper ones so I'm not risking a lot of $ if they don't look like I thought.

OP
OP
TailspotBlenny

TailspotBlenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not much to go on. Likely either a fairy tale or a scrambled egg.

If you haven't already I'd invest in a clip on colored lens for your camera. Even it you're not particularly good at taking pics it makes a heck of a difference.
Thanks, I will look into those lenses. This was using iphone but I do have a regular camera I could use with some lenses.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back