Zoa ID

CarsonMcLerran

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
Location
van alstyne
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this interesting zoa and the store owner said he had forgotten the name any ideas?



IMG_9909.jpeg
 
do you by any chance have any photos that show the color better?
this would help greatly🙂
 
11dc0887-3e44-41db-a110-cadb74ec8cc4.jpg
Heres mine
Wow I didn’t know they could get that color! They’re beautiful thanks for the help!
They could not be… some users are quick to just call it something I would say the pictures need to be clearer to be sure… it doesn’t look like you have quite the same patterns as an utter chaos I would wait and see what they develop into could be something else
 
11dc0887-3e44-41db-a110-cadb74ec8cc4.jpg
Heres mine
Wow I didn’t know they could get that color! They’re beautiful thanks for the help!
They could not be… some users are quick to just call it something I would say the pictures need to be clearer to be sure… it doesn’t look like you have quite the same patterns as an utter chaos I would wait and see what they develop into could be something else
It's true sometimes people might not be right, i could be wrong too. But for all the utter chaos i have in 3 separate tanks with different lighting it is more than an educated guess. Just like under weak lighting they can have green in the center. Again i could be wrong and you're right that the pattern isnt identical but none of mine are spot on either. Maybe a clearer picture would help if he can take a better one though
 
b0dcd908-0f25-4015-96b7-89e83a8f6bbd.jpg


43453a7a-0558-4b77-befe-2d74b1e15e16.jpg


1d503a70-82a9-4d23-9bd5-0537d83c8dc5.jpg


f0b7a660-ad9c-4458-ab7e-a06dd5865164.jpg

Under 60 watts (with clownfish) under 36 watt is the ones on frag plug, and under 22 watt in a pico tank is the fluffy ones with green centers. All these came from the same frag about a year ago. Maybe these will help whether yours are the same or possibly different as mentioned before i could be wrong on my id of them. Hopefully this gives a baseline you can go off of though. Whites turned up also
 
Last edited:
b0dcd908-0f25-4015-96b7-89e83a8f6bbd.jpg


43453a7a-0558-4b77-befe-2d74b1e15e16.jpg


1d503a70-82a9-4d23-9bd5-0537d83c8dc5.jpg


f0b7a660-ad9c-4458-ab7e-a06dd5865164.jpg

Under 60 watts (with clownfish) under 36 watt is the ones on frag plug, and under 22 watt in a pico tank is the fluffy ones with green centers. All these came from the same frag about a year ago. Maybe these will help whether yours are the same or possibly different as mentioned before i could be wrong on my id of them. Hopefully this gives a baseline you can go off of though. Whites turned up also
Wow I've never seen such fluffy tentacles on a Zoa before. That's crazy cool looking.
 
b0dcd908-0f25-4015-96b7-89e83a8f6bbd.jpg


43453a7a-0558-4b77-befe-2d74b1e15e16.jpg


1d503a70-82a9-4d23-9bd5-0537d83c8dc5.jpg


f0b7a660-ad9c-4458-ab7e-a06dd5865164.jpg

Under 60 watts (with clownfish) under 36 watt is the ones on frag plug, and under 22 watt in a pico tank is the fluffy ones with green centers. All these came from the same frag about a year ago. Maybe these will help whether yours are the same or possibly different as mentioned before i could be wrong on my id of them. Hopefully this gives a baseline you can go off of though. Whites turned up also
Wow I've never seen such fluffy tentacles on a Zoa before. That's crazy cool looking.
I believe it's the low light making them puff out for more surface area to catch light (i know some zoas stretch out instead) but the fire and ice i have in this tank kinda does the same thing.
 
I agree with Darth maul or even nightmare. I dont believe they are utter chaos. Theyre beautiful either way
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new