Zoa Infection?

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dips I was referring to were Coral RX, Hydrogen Peroxide, Lugols and Furan 2.
I agree, the calcium does seem on the low side, and I believe it would need to be higher to keep the others stable if I understand that correctly. I think ALK stability is key to coral health and growth as long as the other parameters are in range.
I also had/have the problems with random infections on zoas while my LPS all looked excellent, so I do not think it is water quality related.
I've been thinking about dosing Iodide too, but need to get a test kit first

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were seperate dips.

I did:

3% peroxide 50/50 with tank water for 2 mins. Then into coral rx for 2-3 mins and finally into iodine for 2-3 mins. I also lightly brushed the brown film while in peroxide with a kids paint brush.

I’m gonna say the peroxide killed the brown film and the other 2 dips helped in recovery.

OP
OP
Ben Weaver

Ben Weaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were seperate dips.

I did:

3% peroxide 50/50 with tank water for 2 mins. Then into coral rx for 2-3 mins and finally into iodine for 2-3 mins. I also lightly brushed the brown film while in peroxide with a kids paint brush.

I’m gonna say the peroxide killed the brown film and the other 2 dips helped in recovery.
Ok I figured :)
That sounds like a good routine. How often did you dip them?

Marcus McConnell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't know, no experience with salt water yet, still in the process of converting my freshie over to a reefer

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 64 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back